Sunday, October 17, 2010

Aunt Pitty Pat's Adorable Applique

Hi, ya'll.

I signed up for a Halloween tote swap over at Aunt Pitty Pat's blog.   I was lucky enough to get Aunt Pitty Pat herself as my swap partner, and I just had to show ya'll the adorable appliqued bag she made for me:



I just think this is maybe the cutest applique I have ever seen!  She did such a great job on this bag, which is lined, with a big pocket inside.

Aunt Pitty Pat has an etsy store, where she sells the cutest dog clothes I have seen, and she also sells stuff on Artfire and ebay....here is a link to her shop blog.  Ya'll really ought to check out her shops, as she has all kinds of cute things for sale.

I made her a reversible tote with two different halloween fabrics, but I shipped it off without taking any pictures.  I think I will make another one, for the librarian, and if I get to it, I will do a tutorial for ya'll.

Since the subject of this post is this adorable applique, let me say this.  I was scared to try applique for a really long time.  I know many of you are beginning sewistas, and so you may not know (as I didn't) about wonder under.  This makes applique super easy to do.  It is fusible web, meaning it is sticky on both sides and you can use your iron to adhere the applique pieces to the fabric, which makes the sewing much more easy and foolproof.  Since I found out about this stuff, I have had some good fun playing with applique.  Although I must admit I have not yet made anything nearly as cute as Aunt Pitty Pat's Frankenstein!  But she has inspired me, and I am going to do more applique soon.

I hope ya'll have an amazing day today!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ms M your so right the transfer webbing from Wonderunder really makes applique so much fun. I still do the hand turn with the spray starch iron and freezer paper,but the "raw edge applique is so easy and much more fun" Did I mention easier too!! If you haven't tried this method of applique.. spend a few bucks for the fusible and create your first raw edged applique project:)
You can make up your own pattern or you can purchase patterns on the internet.. my source for most of my patterns are from clip art or coloring books ;)
Have fun!
M