Saturday, February 26, 2011

Spring Wardrobe Sewing: More Wrap Skirts and a T Refashion

Our weather is already starting to warm up.  So I put away the corduroy and fleece yardage that I haven't sewn yet; I will save those projects for later in the year.  Right now, I am sewing for Spring and Summer.

I already posted about the awesome and easy wrap skirt pattern in Chic and Simple Sewing.  But I am just loving this skirt so much that I made more.  I made a slight modification to the pattern on these, which are now better than the first three that I already showed here.  Instead of sewing the sides and then hemming the bottom, I rounded the bottom edges of the skirt and used the serger to hem the whole thing at once.  This works out better in the way that the skirt hangs, in my opinion.

First I made this one:

 
That T-shirt was much too big for me, but too small for Mr. Green, so I resized it and added elastic casings to the sleeves and the neck.  I guess this is really the first tee I have refashioned for me; I will wear it but the next tee I recon will be nicer than this turned out!  Dolly doesn't do the skirt justice, though; the length is exactly right and I love the colors...it really does look better on me than on her, I guess because my legs are so much nicer than hers!  lol

Here is another:


This skirt matches most every tee in my closet, including this blue one, which is one of my favorites.  I only had 2 yards of this patchworked shirting, and so I made the tie with a brown grosgrain ribbon.  I wear a close fitting muslin bias skirt under this.

I made one more wrap skirt, in a color (yellow gold) that I have never worn, but which says Summer happily...I will show that one later, when I have finished the top I am making up to go with it.

I know I said it before, but wrap skirts are super simple and easy to sew, and fun to wear, too.  I am excited to make some of the other dresses in Chic and Simple Sewing for Spring, too;  I hope to show those off soon, lol.

What have you been working on sewing for Spring?

No comments: