Sunday, June 27, 2010

More Jammies and One Yard Wonders

Have ya'll seen this book?




It's pretty awesome.  There are 101 projects, all of which can be made from just a yard of fabric.  There are things you might never think of, like a cover for a 2 drawer file cabinet, and also basic things like purses and other bags.  There are things for you to wear, clothes for babies and children, toys, gifts, aprons, even a collar and leash and coat for your dog.  Or, if you are a cat lover, there is a pattern for a darling little teepee for your feline friend.  The book is hardcover, with the pages mounted on a spiral, and all the pattern pieces store in an envelope inside the front cover.  If you haven't gotten this book yet, I encourage you to order it now.  It's perfect for stash busting!


I plan to make lots of the projects in this book, including more than one for our holiday gift making next month.  I thought I would show ya'll the short jammies I made following two of the patterns found here.  The top was designed by Rae Hoekstra, and could also be worn with jeans.  The "perfect fit" shorts pattern includes a handy-dandy formula for measuring and making shorts that fit exactly right.


I actually made these from a vintage sheet, and have enough fabric left over to make something else, too.  They were super simple and fun to make.  Don't you want to order this great book and make some for yourself too?  I appreciate your ordering through Amazon by following links on my blog.


I will see ya'll tommorrow.  Have a great night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I comment on your site, but I've been reading your posts for about a few months. I admire the passion with which you write the articles and dream that someday I can do the same. Love